Locations we serve
Locations we serve
Locations we serve
Other Services
020 7404 9390
Available 24 hours
“Britain’s Top Divorce Lawyer”
The Telegraph
“Diva of divorce for the world’s super rich”
“Outstanding legal minds and big hearts”

Our offering

Vardags has unrivaled expertise in the area of ​​judicial dissolution of cross-border marriages and typically works on cases involving jurisdictional disputes and international assets. We will help you to ensure that the case is considered in the court of the state where your position is stronger. Another area of ​​our competence is the valuation and tracking of international assets. 

If you are in an international relationship, the jurisdiction in which your divorce proceeds could make a huge difference to the final outcome. London, as the divorce capital of the world, is known for making generous awards to the financially weaker parties, and the court has a wide discretion in what it awards. In these circumstances, it is imperative to act fast and instruct a lawyer as soon as possible. At Vardags, we will help you to ensure that the case is considered in the court of the state where your position is stronger. 

Whether you can claim English jurisdiction is complex and depends on where you currently live, where you have previously lived and your domicile. Very often, a British person living abroad is able to access the English justice system, without necessarily being in the country at the time.

Proceedings can also be initiated if one party wants to move to another country with the children, given that the permission of the other parent, or the court, is required. If you are caught in this situation, then you may need to seek legal advice.

Vardags services extend well beyond divorce and family law, and encompass reputation and privacy, property, corporate, criminal defence, commercial and civil litigation, employment, and professional negligence.

To learn more about divorce in Australia, read our guide here.


We offer a free consultation to suitable clients, typically those where the family's net assets are in excess of £1m or the combined income is in excess of £150,000

Telephone 020 7404 9390 Phone lines are open 24 hours
WhatsApp 07385 025158 Scan QR to open WhatsApp
Scan QR to open WhatsApp


Ayesha Vardag Founder & President Divorce & Family

Ayesha Vardag

Founder & President
“Britain's top divorce lawyer” Ayesha Vardag rose to fame for winning the landmark Supreme Court case of Radmacher v Granatino in 2010, changing the law to...
David Lister

David Lister

Senior Partner - Divorce & Family
David is a Senior Partner at Vardags. With over 35 years of experience at the forefront of the profession, David’s practice comprises a wide ambit of family law...
Tilley Schonell Vardags Associate Family & Divorce

Tilley Schonell

Tilley Schonell is an Australian-qualified lawyer, having practised for two years at a pre-eminent and award-winning specialist family law firm in Sydney,...

Related FAQS

This article will address the extent to which a parent can move their child away from the other parent without their consent. A distinction will be made between moving the child to another part of the UK, as well as moving abroad.It should be noted from the outset that whether the parties have ever been married or in a civil partnership is immaterial for the purposes of relocation of the child. The important factor is whether the parent seeking to prevent the relocation has parental responsibility.

In many countries, a couple can divorce with little or no financial support being given to the poorer party. Sometimes, you might not even know about the divorce until it has already been finalised. That does not prevent you from seeking the support of the English courts.

If your ex opposes your plan to move abroad with your children, there are numerous strategies that can be deployed to overcome their opposition.While the court will be unable to stop you from relocating, it’s primary concern will be whether it is in your children’s best interests to do so, and whether there is an appropriate strategy in place for the children to maintain regular contact with the other parent.

This site uses cookies. Find out more. Continued use of this site is deemed as consent.   CLOSE ✖