Frank Ryan, Director — Head of Litigation
Frank is the head of Vardags’ Civil Litigation department. With decades’ experience in the field, he specialises in commercial litigation and all forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
As well as undertaking general commercial litigation, his particular expertise includes:
- Professional negligence and professional misconduct claims and issues (solicitors, barristers, accountants, surveyors, architects, insurance brokers)
- Joint venture and shareholder disputes, including “minority prejudice” claims
- Misuse of confidential information
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants (employees, agents, distributors)
- Partnership disputes and partner exits
- Intellectual property (copyright, passing off, trademarks)
- Public procurement disputes
- Commercial property disputes, including contested business lease renewals and rent review disputes
- Cross-border issues
- Pre-trial injunctions and enforcement processes
- Sexual harassment claims
Frank read Law with French at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Press & publications:
Frank’s opinion and commentary has been sought out by numerous media outlets. Most recently he featured on Channel 4 News and the BBC News website to discuss the Uber employment tribunal.
Frank has very extensive experience in acting in commercial and civil disputes, principally in the High Court, and in various forms of alternative dispute resolution. His clients cover a broad spectrum, from quoted and private multinational companies through to SMEs and high-net-worth individuals. Frank advises and acts for employers (and for senior executives, directors and shareholders) in disputes and issues arising in the employment context. As well as conducting cases in the High Court and Employment Tribunals, Frank is frequently called upon to advise and assist employers on all issues arising in the workplace. This ranges from disciplinary issues through to issues arising on the sale and reorganisation of businesses and on competitive tendering changes, for example transfer of undertaking (“TUPE”) issues and multiple redundancies. Frank also advises on disputes in foreign jurisdictions where the contract between the parties is governed by English law: examples being Hong Kong, China, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, France and Belgium.
Connect with me on
Frank enjoys travel, music and Chinese art.