Kate is an Associate in the family department at the Manchester office and has developed a strong reputation as an active member of the team with a varied case load and client base. Kate has experience in all aspects of family and children law matters, including high value financial cases and those involving vulnerable parties, particularly clients facing domestic abuse.
Kate first joined Vardags in the Manchester office as a Graduate Trainee. Prior to joining the firm, Kate worked as a litigation executive in personal injury and completed a two-week vacation scheme in Commercial and Environmental Law.
Kate has continued to work in the Manchester office of Vardags since completing her training contract, quickly rising to become an Associate and is a highly valued member of the team.
Kate represents a wide variety of high net worth clients including:
· Highly successful corporate clients
· Vulnerable or financially weaker spouses who are finding it difficult to access marital wealth.
· High profile individuals featuring in the public eye
Kate provides her clients with a holistic service and has been complimented on her ability to support clients with very sensitive issues of physical and emotional abuse, as well as for her attention to detail and precision in dealing with complex financial matters.
To ensure that she offers the very best service to her clients, Kate ensures a multi-disciplinary and cross-collaborate approach to her cases by working with other departments in the firm to assist in the specific issues arising from their case. For high-profile clients or those with privacy issues, Kate works with our Reputation and Privacy department to pre-empt and manage those concerns and ensure the very best outcome in every case.
Kate has a wealth of experience working on all aspects of family and children matters, particularly in relation to interim applications, including:
· Applications for interim maintenance
· Legal services orders to support financially weaker spouses.
She also has particular expertise in high-value financial cases, focusing on those where there are:
· Substantial property or business assets
· Hidden or concealed assets, for example revealing a concealed corporate structure following a forensic review of bank statements provided in disclosure
Her keen eye for detail in these cases is again complemented by her collaboration with the firm’s specialist in-house financial forensics team when dealing with complicated finance issues. This specialist team can offer extra support in relation to sophisticated and intricate financial issues including:
· Complicated valuations
· Asset tracing
· Jurisdictional issues.
Kate read Law at Cardiff University. During her studies she acted as:
· A Careers Liaison Officer for the Law Society
· An Ambassador for Aspiring Solicitors.
She achieved a distinction within her Legal Practice Course.
· Inflexibility and justice’ (marriage), Family Law Journal, [March 2020]
Kate enjoys makeup and street food, and in her free time runs a film review blog on Instagram. She also has an interest in evolutionary biology, particularly related to the evolution of flight in dinosaurs.