Child contact arrangements

Enforcement of child contact arrangements

Vardags is a top family law firm for enforcement of child contact arrangements; please call us on 020 7404 9390 or email us to make an appointment to come and see us.

Introduction to enforcement of child contact arrangements

Any contact orders made after 2008 should include a standard warning notice at the bottom of the order.  This notice warns the parties of the consequences of failing to comply with the order.  The notice will explain that if the order is breached the court has the power to order the parent in breach to carry out unpaid work (between 40 and 200 hours), to order the parent in breach to pay the other parent financial compensation, or even imprison the parent in breach and ultimately transfer the residence of the child to the other parent. For contact orders made before 2008 an application can be made to add the warning notice to the order if necessary.  To enforce an order a fresh court application for enforcement is required. For more details please refer to our guide to the enforcement of child contact arrangements.

How Vardags can help with enforcement of child contact arrangements

Where your former partner is looking to relocate to another country, situations can occur which require urgent legal action.  Parents will not have always had the benefit of legal advice and may be oblivious to the requirement of consent.  They may be stopped by the UK Border Agency and asked to show evidence of such agreement, but this does not always happen.   It is far better to prevent a parent leaving the country with a child than dealing with the aftermath of such steps.  Any concerns you have will be taken seriously and all of your options will be thoroughly explored.

A significant number of our cases have an international element and we commonly make and defend applications for permission to relocate internationally.  We also frequently deal with international child abduction cases.  If you are considering relocating with your child, or if your former partner has expressed a desire to do so, you should seek our expert legal advice at the earliest opportunity so that we can help you manage this difficult process in the least painful and traumatic manner possible.

The first step is to arrange a meeting with one of our solicitors. Therefore, please call us on 020 7404 9390 or email us to make an appointment to come and see us.

Please note that Vardags provides a bespoke service to high net worth individuals seeking an enforcement of child contact arrangements from a top family law firm. Our clients or their former partners will typically have substantial assets or expect to have substantial assets in the future.