Q:What if I am worried about my ex-partner spending time alone with our children?


If your child has previously suffered abuse, or your ex-partner’s conduct is such that you are worried about your child being alone with them, you can either agree between yourselves, or the court can order that when your child spends time with your ex-partner that contact be supervised. It could be the case that this requires another adult to be present. The other adult may be a friend, relative or a worker at a contact centre.

Vardags is a top family law firm that specialises in complex cases often involving an international element. If you cannot find answers to your questions here, please consult our ‘family law guide‘ for further information, call us on 0207 717 9979  or email