Q:What if I am not happy with my final court order?


If you are unhappy about the decision which has been made by the Judge in your case, you may be able to appeal against the decision to a judge in a higher court. You will first need to obtain permission to appeal from the Judge who gave the final order. If you are considering your options in relation to appeal it is advisable to obtain legal advice as you will need to determine whether this is the appropriate course of action and what the likely outcome might be. The appeal court will only allow an appeal where a decision of the lower court was either wrong or unjust due to a serious procedural irregularity in the proceedings. Further appeals will need to be made within the requisite time period.

Vardags is a top family law firm that specialises in complex cases often involving an international element. If you cannot find answers to your questions here, please consult our ‘family law guide‘ for further information, call us on 0207 717 9979  or email