Q:My partner is refusing to let me see my child; what can I do?


If contact with your child cannot be agreed between the two of you, then you can apply to the court for a Contact Order. The Courts generally promote contact and consider that it is in a child’s interests to have regular contact with both parents in the absence of any compelling reason to the contrary, for example where your child may be at risk of harm.

Vardags is a top family law firm that specialises in complex cases often involving an international element. If you cannot find answers to your questions here, please consult our ‘family law guide‘ for further information, call us on 0207 717 9979  or email