If your ex-partner is refusing to pay then there are a number of options available. The most usual methods are as follows:
– Obtaining a charging order over property owned by your ex-partner, whether owned in their sole name or otherwise;
– Obtaining a third party debt order effectively to seize any money that your ex-partner has paid or owes to a third party;
– Obtaining an attachment of earnings order, so that any monies due under the order can be deducted from your ex-partner’s salary;
– Obtaining a warrant of possession or execution to seize goods or secure possession of premises; and
– Applying to the court for an order that interest be paid upon sums over £5,000 at the judgment rate of 8%.
To maximise the chance of recovery steps should be taken to enforce your maintenance within 12 months of arrears falling due.