Q:I do not approve of my ex’s new partner; can I stop my children meeting them?


While it may be hard to accept decisions made by your ex-partner, such as introducing a new partner to them, if there is no risk of harm to your child you may have to accept the situation unless there is a good reason not to. It is of course always helpful if your ex-partner can discuss this type of decision with you, but this may not always happen.

Vardags is a top family law firm that specialises in complex cases often involving an international element. If you cannot find answers to your questions here, please consult our ‘family law guide‘ for further information, call us on 0207 717 9979  or email