Q:I am worried about my partner’s conduct around our children; can I vary the contact arrangements?


The Courts generally promote contact and consider that it is in a child’s interests to have regular contact with both parents; however, if there are genuine reasons for concern such as drug taking or alcohol abuse, it may be appropriate for existing contact arrangements to be varied following evidence being provided to the Court and a CAFCASS report being undertaken where necessary. If there is any legitimate concern that a child may be at risk, the Court may consider varying the current arrangements so that any contact with your ex partner is supervised. 

Vardags is a top family law firm that specialises in complex cases often involving an international element. If you cannot find answers to your questions here, please consult our ‘family law guide‘ for further information, call us on 0207 717 9979  or email