Q:I am not happy with my current solicitor; how do I move?


If you are not happy with your current solicitor and have found one you prefer, then either your new solicitor can write to your previous ones and inform them of this, or you can do it yourself. If you are not sure what to write, your new solicitor will be able to advise you of this. Be aware that if you have not paid you fees in full, your previous solicitors can refuse to hand over your papers; this is called exercising a lien.

Vardags is a top family law firm that specialises in complex cases often involving an international element. If you cannot find answers to your questions here, please consult our ‘family law guide‘ for further information, call us on 0207 717 9979  or email