Q:Does my partner have to house our children?


Yes, both parents to a child are financially responsible for them, and if your partner has parental responsibility then they have an obligation to make sure that their child is provided with a home, protected and maintained If you have parental responsibility for a child you don’t live with, you don’t necessarily have a right to contact with them – but the other parent still needs to keep you updated about their well-being and progress.

Vardags is a top family law firm that specialises in complex cases often involving an international element. If you cannot find answers to your questions here, please consult our ‘family law guide‘ for further information, call us on 0207 717 9979  or email