Q:Can my partner go to jail for non-compliance with an order?


If there is a penal notice attached to the final order that has reached by consent between you and your ex-partner or by the Court, a breach of any obligations under this order you could lead to the imprisonment of the offending party.

Vardags is a top family law firm that specialises in complex cases often involving an international element. If you cannot find answers to your questions here, please consult our ‘family law guide‘ for further information, call us on 0207 717 9979  or email