Q:Can I call the police if my partner is threatening or abusing me?


If you feel threatened or you are being abused do not hesitate to contact the police on 999. You can get further guidance from Refuge at http://refuge.org.uk/ or Women’s Aid http://www.womensaid.org.uk/default.asp

Vardags is a top family law firm that specialises in complex cases often involving an international element. If you cannot find answers to your questions here, please consult our ‘family law guide‘ for further information, call us on 0207 717 9979  or email